4000 Years for Choice: Pat Maginnis

26 Jan

"... Ms. Maginnis was the first abortion rights activist in history."

Check out feminist artist Heather Ault’s fascinating 4000 Years for Choice poster series.

6 Responses to “4000 Years for Choice: Pat Maginnis”

1. redpeachmoon January 26, 2012 at 5:10 am #

Thank you for introducing me to Ms. Maginnis through IBTP. I appreciate her lifetime commitment to keeping abortion available. I’ll keep in touch!

2. Jeannette Summers January 26, 2012 at 5:18 am #

what a Fantastic Woman! Truly an inspiration to me. This site is wonderful to have available to the public! Thank you!!

3. maggie January 26, 2012 at 4:26 pm #

What a fantastic source for information on the history of contraceptives and abortion. I agree that abortion should be like every other medical procedure. Great blog.

4. Rowan February 15, 2012 at 5:22 pm #

Pat! The Condom Coloring Books came just in time for our Annual Condom Party on Saturday!!! I will send you pictures of us using them at the party – staff members have also taken them home for themselves and their children to color in! You are the true Historic Heroine that I am honored to have met and even more honored to call a friend and sister. Thank you for everything you have done for me and my uterus and my freedom and for everything you continue to do for all women.

5. melissa fitzgerald February 23, 2012 at 1:17 pm #

Pat, thank you for everything you have done for women. it is so awful to be fighting all these same issues again. atleast we know how this is done thanks to activists like yourself. peace

6. Eve Norman March 10, 2012 at 11:26 pm #

What a nice surprise to see you at the Women’s Forum at Oakland City Hall last week Pat. Have you moved to Oakland?